Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (stressed): enPR: ĭt, IPA (key): /ɪt/, SAMPA: /It/
Audio (US) (file)
- (unstressed) enPR: ət, IPA (key): /ət/, SAMPA: /@t/
Audio (UK) (file)
- (personal) used to refer to an object that might have been described earlier in the text.
- The house was very big. It had many rooms.
- used to describe the weather.
- It is very hot today.
- I'm staying in because it is raining.
- used to describe a situation in general.
- I don't like it when people tell me to do something.
- It is hard to find a job.
- It wasn't easy knowing where the ball would go.
|Subject||Object||Possessive 1||Possessive 2||Reflexive||Subject||Object||Possessive 1||Possessive 2||Reflexive|
- Information Technology, i.e. the use of computers.