Issue is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- An issue is a particular topic or subject, often one that people are discussing and/or is a problem.
- The students raised an important issue in my last class, and I hope we can discuss it today.
- We'd like to hire you, but there are some legal issues that we have to consider first.
- An issue of a magazine, newspaper, etc. is the version that is published at one time.
- The March issue of The Walrus has an interesting article on healthcare.
- If you issue something, such as a statement, guidelines or an order, you officially publish it.
- The governments of Canada and the United States jointly issued a statement about the recent crash.