Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (reflexive) You use themselves when the people doing an action and the people receiving an action are the same people, but they are not you or the person you're talking to.
- They've hurt themselves.
- They're very happy with themselves.
- They've got themselves a new pet.
- Use for emphasis, when talking about more than one person or about one person when you don't know who that person is.
- The classes are as different as the students themselves.
- If somebody or some people do something by themselves, they do it alone.
- The children earned $500 by themselves. I didn't help.
- If somebody or some people don't feel themselves, they are different from usual, because they are sick, scared, stressed, etc.
|Subject||Object||Possessive 1||Possessive 2||Reflexive||Subject||Object||Possessive 1||Possessive 2||Reflexive|