Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Hyphenation: ob‧ject
- An object is a thing that you can touch, but it is not alive.
- We don't know what killed him, but it was a smooth, heavy object.
- The object of an action or plan is the goal or the reason for it.
- The object of soccer is to kick the ball into the other team's net.
- In English grammar, the object of a sentence is a noun or noun phrase that usually comes after the verb. This noun is usually the thing that is receiving the action.
- In the sentence, "Yoko ate the bread.", bread is the object.
- If you object to something, you don't agree with it.
- Most people will object to being asked to work too much.