- (personal) A male person or animal without identifying or describing him. The person is normally identified or described earlier in the text or sentence.
- The man with the beard played the trumpet. He didn't play very well.
- William Shakespeare was an English writer, but he is long dead.
- (personal) A person or animal that we do not know the gender of.
- Kill that spider, before he gets away!.
- (informal) A he refers to a male person.
- He is the name of the fifth letter of many Semitic alphabets such as Phoenician, Aramaic, Hebrew, Syriac, Arabic and others.