Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) The head is the highest and most important part of the body.
- He put his head on the desk and fell asleep.
- The head is the owner of something.
- After a series of problems, the head of the company left.
- The bathroom on a ship is called the head.
- (countable) (grammar) The head is the function of the most important element in a phrase.
|Parts of the head (edit)|
|Parts of the body (edit)|
|head||ears - eyes - eyebrow - nose - mouth - lips - tongue - tooth (pl. teeth) - cheeks - chin|
|torso||neck - throat - shoulders - chest - breasts - ribs - abdomen - pelvis - back|
|internal organs||heart - lungs - liver - stomach - kidneys - intestines - bladder - ovaries - uterus/womb|
|extremities||arms - hands - fingers - legs - feet - toes|
|sex organs||penis - vagina - testicle - ovary - vulva|