Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) Your legs are the two long parts of your body that you move to walk, or a similar body part on an animal.
- I lost a leg in the war.
- The footballer broke a leg during the game.
- The bus stopped and everybody went out to stretch their legs.
- (countable) A leg is part of a piece of furniture, such as a table, on which the furniture stands.
- I can see an ant crawling up the leg of the table.
- (countable) A leg is part of a tour or journey.
- The band had to cancel the German leg of their European tour.
Related words and phrases[change]
|Parts of the leg (edit)|
|Parts of the body (edit)|
|head||ears - eyes - eyebrow - nose - mouth - lips - tongue - tooth (pl. teeth) - cheeks - chin|
|torso||neck - throat - shoulders - chest - breasts - ribs - abdomen - pelvis - back|
|internal organs||heart - lungs - liver - stomach - kidneys - intestines - bladder - ovaries - uterus/womb|
|extremities||arms - hands - fingers - legs - feet - toes|
|sex organs||penis - vagina - testicle - ovary - vulva|