Jump to navigation Jump to search
- hand is part of the Basic English 850.
- Your hands are the parts of your body at the end of your arms. A hand has four fingers and a thumb.
- Mother, I'm afraid, please hold my hand.
- Clock hands are pointed needles that show what time it is.
- The long hand is pointing to the 4, which refers to how many hours have passed. The short hand is pointing to the 7, which refers to how many groups of 5 minutes have passed. The time is therefore 4:35.
Related words and phrases[change]
- If I hand you something, I give it to you.
- Please hand me that tool. I can't reach it.
|Parts of the body (edit)|
|head||ears - eyes - eyebrow - nose - mouth - lips - tongue - tooth (pl. teeth) - cheeks - chin|
|torso||neck - throat - shoulders - chest - breasts - ribs - abdomen - pelvis - back|
|internal organs||heart - lungs - liver - stomach - kidneys - intestines - bladder - ovaries - uterus/womb|
|extremities||arms - hands - fingers - legs - feet - toes|
|sex organs||penis - vagina - testicle - ovary - vulva|