Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) Your hands are the parts of your body at the end of your arms. A hand has four fingers and a thumb.
- Mother, I'm afraid, please hold my hand.
- (countable) Clock hands are pointed needles that show what time it is.
- The long hand is pointing to the 4, which refers to how many hours have passed. The short hand is pointing to the 7, which refers to how many groups of 5 minutes have passed. The time is therefore 4:35.
- (countable) A hand is a group of things that fit in your hand, like playing cards.
- He had a good hand but he still lost. He is not good at poker.
Related words and phrases[change]
- all hands
- at hand
- give a hand
- hold hands
- hour hand
- minute hand
- no hands
- second hand
- If I hand you something, I give it to you.
- Please hand me that tool. I can't reach it.
|Parts of the body (edit)|
|head||ears - eyes - eyebrow - nose - mouth - lips - tongue - tooth (pl. teeth) - cheeks - chin|
|torso||neck - throat - shoulders - chest - breasts - ribs - abdomen - pelvis - back|
|internal organs||heart - lungs - liver - stomach - kidneys - intestines - bladder - ovaries - uterus/womb|
|extremities||arms - hands - fingers - legs - feet - toes|
|sex organs||penis - vagina - testicle - ovary - vulva|