Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈʃəʊldə/, SAMPA: /"S@Uld@/
- (US) enPR: shōlʹdər, IPA (key): /ˈʃoʊldɚ/, SAMPA: /"SoUld@`/
Audio (US) (file)
- The part of the body where an arm attaches or joins.
- The side of the road. It can be used to stop on in emergencies.
- He stopped the car on the shoulder of the highway to change the flat tire.
- To push something or someone out of the way using one's shoulder.
- He shouldered his way in through the crowd.
- To carry some weight on one's shoulders, literally or figuratively.
- The task was hard, but she shouldered it as best she could.
|Parts of the body (edit)|
|head||ears - eyes - eyebrow - nose - mouth - lips - tongue - tooth (pl. teeth) - cheeks - chin|
|torso||neck - throat - shoulders - chest - breasts - ribs - abdomen - pelvis - back|
|internal organs||heart - lungs - liver - stomach - kidneys - intestines - bladder - ovaries - uterus/womb|
|extremities||arms - hands - fingers - legs - feet - toes|
|sex organs||penis - vagina - testicle - ovary - vulva|