Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) enPR: gō, IPA (key): /gəʊ/, SAMPA: /g@U/
- (US) enPR: gō, IPA (key): /goʊ/, SAMPA: /goU/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
- If you go, you move in space, especially to or through a place.
- Antonym: come
- I go to the seashore every summer.
- Kathy goes to the seashore every summer, too.
- I went to the seashore last year.
- She's gone to the seashore.
- I'm going to the seashore next year.
- If you go, you move in time, often in your mind.
- If you go, you move on the computer, the internet, or in the memory.
- Then go to the C: drive.
- His mind went to the last time he saw her.
- If you go, you move a certain distance or a certain way.
- We've gone 10 kilometers today.
- Sandra is going in circles.
- If you go, you leave or move away.
- Please don't go.
- People have been coming and going all day.
- If you go bad, wild, blind, etc., you become like that.
- Jim went blind.
- go about
- go about one's business/go about one's day
- go after
- go bankrupt/go bust
- go barefoot
- go by
- go big
- go big or go home/go hard or go home
- go broke
- go crazy/go mad/go insane/go nuts/go bananas/go ape
- go down
- go down in history
- go for
- go for all one's worth
- go for broke
- go forth
- go for the gold
- go for the jugular
- go Dutch
- go halfsies/go halves
- go in
- go like the Dickens/go like sixty
- go off
- go off on
- go on
- go out
- go out with
- go out on a limb
- go over
- go over like a lead balloon
- go through
- go to ground
- go to press
- go to show
- go to town
- go up
- go wild
- go with God