- (US) enPR: fĭngʹ-gər, IPA (key): /ˈfɪŋɡɚ/
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈfɪŋɡə/
- (Scotland) IPA (key): /ˈfɪŋər/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (file)
- Hyphenation: fin‧ger
- A finger is a long thin part of your hand that bends. Most people have four fingers and one thumb on each hand.
- He only uses one finger on the keyboard.
- (transitive) If you finger something, you touch with your fingers it to see what it feels like.
- (transitive) If you finger someone, you tell the police that the person did something wrong.
- (transitive) (sex) If you finger a female, you use your fingers to penetrate or sexually stimulate their vulva or vagina.
|Parts of the body (edit)|
|head||ears - eyes - eyebrow - nose - mouth - lips - tongue - tooth (pl. teeth) - cheeks - chin|
|torso||neck - throat - shoulders - chest - breasts - ribs - abdomen - pelvis - back|
|internal organs||heart - lungs - liver - stomach - kidneys - intestines - bladder - ovaries - uterus/womb|
|extremities||arms - hands - fingers - legs - feet - toes|
|sex organs||penis - vagina - testicle - ovary - vulva|