- (transitive & intransitive) If you move, you go from one place to another.
- Please stay in your seat until the plane stops moving.
- (transitive & intransitive) If you move, you change the position of part of your body.
- I was so afraid, I could't move.
- (transitive) If you move something, you change its position.
- Can you move your chair so I can get by?
- (countable) A move is something which is done to achieve a goal.
- The move had not been expected.
- (countable) is a change in your home or business to live or work somewhere else.
- The move to the city was completed in a week.
- (countable) A move, in a game such as chess, is when you put a piece in another place.
- The move of the queen led to his loss.
- I finished my turn. It's your move.