Jump to navigation Jump to search
- arm is part of the Basic English 850.
- (UK) IPA (key): /ɑːm/, SAMPA: /A:m/
- (US) IPA (key): /ɑːrm/, SAMPA: /A:rm/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
- (anatomy) One of the upper limbs people have; arms start at the shoulder and go down to the wrist, sometimes the hand is included.
- (usually plural) A weapon.
- To give or sell weapons to a person, group, or country.
- Our taxes pay to arm the military.
- To get a tool or a weapon ready for action; to activate.
- Remember to arm the alarm system.
|Parts of the body (edit)|
|head||ears - eyes - eyebrow - nose - mouth - lips - tongue - tooth (pl. teeth) - cheeks - chin|
|torso||neck - throat - shoulders - chest - breasts - ribs - abdomen - pelvis - back|
|internal organs||heart - lungs - liver - stomach - kidneys - intestines - bladder - ovaries - uterus/womb|
|extremities||arms - hands - fingers - legs - feet - toes|
|sex organs||penis - vagina - testicle - ovary - vulva|