Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈpeɪpə/
- (US) IPA (key): /ˈpeɪpɚ/
Audio (UK) (file) Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: pa‧per
- (uncountable) Paper is a material for writing and drawing on and is made from wood pulp.
- A notebook is made from sheets of paper.
- She made a paper airplane.
- (countable) A paper is a newspaper, magazine, newsletter, etc. Something that is used to inform people about the news.
- (uncountable) Paper is wallpaper, paper that is pasted onto a wall to decorate the place.
- We've put up new paper in the dining room to make the place look prettier.
- (uncountable) Paper is wrapping paper, paper used to wrap things such as presents.
- The parcel was wrapped in brown paper.
- (countable) A paper is a written document that reports scientific or academic research.
- While in university, the professor had written many papers to publish his research in physics.
- (countable) A paper is a written document. It is usually shorter than a book and is mainly written for the government.
- The population white paper was published to explain the government's plan in managing the increase in the population.
- Paper is the documents that a person carries when going to another country or crossing borders.
- Something that is made of paper.
- Supermarkets now use paper bags instead of plastic bags to save the environment.
- When someone is paper, it means that the person is good in theory (on paper), but bad in practice or reality.