- (countable) Reality is what actually is. Reality is what is real.
- I'm sure you'd like to get everything you want for free, but that isn't reality.
- What you see on television is often very far from reality.
- He lost contact with reality because of his mental illness.
- (countable) If some kinds of psychology and philosophy reality is whatever you experience; what seems real to you.
- The therapist insists I shouldn't think my reality is the same as hers.
- (countable) If you get a dose of reality you learn the truth and what things are like for most people.
- He needs a dose of reality to get him out of his naive ways.