Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) enPR: pâr, IPA (key): /pɛə(r)/
- (US) enPR: pâr, IPA (key): /pɛr/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (AU) (file)
- Homophone(s): pare, pear
- (countable) A pair is two things that go together.
- She has many pairs of shoes, but she only has one pair of pants.
- Those two make a lovely pair, don't they.
- (transitive & intransitive) (often passive) If you pair two people or things, you put them together.
- Young women were often paired with older men.
- They paired up at the dance.