- practise (Commonwealth, mainly for the verb)
- If you practice something, you do it again and again to improve your ability.
- The class was going to practice writing skills for homework.
- When I got my first guitar, I practiced until my fingers fell off.
- (transitive) If you practice a subject (specially law and medicine), you pursue it as a career.
- She practiced law for several years.
- (uncountable) Practice is an activity you do again and again to improve your ability.
- I can go to the party because I have soccer practice that night.
- My driving is getting better, but I still need practice.
In the United States, practice is both a verb and a noun. In the UK and Australia, practise is a verb and practice is a noun. Canada uses both systems.