Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA: /suːˈpɜː.lə.tɪv/ or /sjuːˈpɜː.lə.tɪv/, SAMPA: /su:"p3:(r).l@.tIv/
- (US) IPA: /suːˈpɝː.lə.tɪv/ or /sjuːˈpɝː.lə.tɪv/
Audio (US) (file)
- The superlative is the highest level of something.
- (grammar) The superlative form of an adjective is the form of the adjective that shows which thing has the most of a certain quality when you compare more than two things; the superlative form is often made by adding "-est" to the end of the adjective or by putting "most" before it.
- The superlative of "pretty" is "prettiest".
- The superlative of "diverse" is "most diverse".
- The superlative of "cool" is "coolest".
- The superlative of "big" is "biggest".
- (rare) If something is superlative, it is very good; it is superb.
- (grammar) Related to a superlative.