Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- (countable & uncountable) Material is the things or ideas that are used in making or doing something.
- The raw materials for the goods are mostly imported from Canada.
- After the earthquake, it took a long time to rebuild because the building materials were often unavailable.
- He spent a year researching and gathering material before writing the book.
- (usually before the noun) Material things are things in the real world, often money.
- (formal) If something is material, it is big and important.