Jump to navigation Jump to search
- IPA (key): /ˈdɛkəreɪt/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: dec‧or‧ate
- (transitive & intransitive) If you decorate something, you make it look nice, usually by putting something pretty on it or painting it.
- We're going to decorate our Christmas tree tonight.
- The men sat in large uncomfortable wooden chairs decorated with carvings of flowers.
- The room was brightly decorated.
- (transitive) If decorates , looks nice because is on or close to it.
- In her room, photos decorated the white walls.
- (transitive) If you decorate someone, you give them a medal for doing something brave or good.
- He was decorated by the president for saving several men who had been shot.