- (anatomy) (countable) A hip is the part of the pelvis that sticks out the farthest. It is part of the lower torso.
- (countable) A hip of a rose is its fruit.
- She took rosehips for the Vitamin C.
|Parts of the body (edit)|
|head||ears - eyes - eyebrow - nose - mouth - lips - tongue - tooth (pl. teeth) - cheeks - chin|
|torso||neck - throat - shoulders - chest - breasts - ribs - abdomen - pelvis - back|
|internal organs||heart - lungs - liver - stomach - kidneys - intestines - bladder - ovaries - uterus/womb|
|extremities||arms - hands - fingers - legs - feet - toes|
|sex organs||penis - vagina - testicle - ovary - vulva|
- If someone is hip, he or she knows how to act right and dress right.
- Jenna is hip. She always wears the latest fashion and she is fun to be around.