Jump to navigation Jump to search
- dress is part of the Basic English 850.
- (countable) A dress is a loose cloth covering a woman's body. The lower part is like a skirt. The top part is like a shirt.
- (transitive) To put clothes on something.
- I dressed my little sister for school this morning.
- (intransitive) To put clothes on yourself.
- I just need to dress and then we can go.
- (transitive) To prepare the surface of a material (usually stone or lumber).
- To cover a wound with a bandage.
- That cut looks really bad. Here, let me dress it
- (transitive) To prepare food for cooking, especially by seasoning it.