Jump to navigation Jump to search
- rest is part of the Basic English 850.
- (countable) A pause or break.
- You need to take a rest.
- (countable) (music) A mark in music showing counts that are not played.
- That quarter-note is followed by three rests.
- (countable) Remainder, what is left.
- I will take the rest of the money.
- (countable) Sleep.
- You need rest.
- A rest is a place where you can put something, often your arm.
- (pause) pause, break, recess, hiatus, respite, breather, time-out, time off
- (remainder) remainder, remnant, leftovers, remains, residue, balance, surplus
- (sleep) sleep, R and R
- To take a break.
- He rested for five minutes.
- To be located somewhere.
- The statue rests on the mantle.
- To place something in a place.
- He rested his foot on the stair.
- To sleep.
- The baby is resting.
- To be dead.
- Rest in peace.
- She is resting in Jesus.
- Karen rests in a tomb.