Jump to navigation Jump to search
- enPR: mŭʹsəl, IPA (key): /ˈmʌ.səl/, IPA (key): en or /ˈmʌ.sl̩/
Audio (US) (file)
- Homophone(s): mussel
- (countable) A muscle is a part of the body of a person or animal. It's a part that pulls to make parts of the body move.
- He can lift heavy things because he has strong muscles.
- To muscle is to use strength or muscles to do something.
- Synonym: force
- He muscled his way into the room between the people who were trying to stop him.
|Parts of the body (edit)|
|head||ears - eyes - eyebrow - nose - mouth - lips - tongue - tooth (pl. teeth) - cheeks - chin|
|torso||neck - throat - shoulders - chest - breasts - ribs - abdomen - pelvis - back|
|internal organs||heart - lungs - liver - stomach - kidneys - intestines - bladder - ovaries - uterus/womb|
|extremities||arms - hands - fingers - legs - feet - toes|
|sex organs||penis - vagina - testicle - ovary - vulva|