Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (indefinite) (singular) (non-count) Much is a lot of; a large amount of; a high degree
- I don't have much money.
- I don't like the cider very much.
- I know how much he loves everybody in the house.
- You're not much better than he is.
- She was much more fun after a few drinks.
- This is almost as much fun as last week.
- We bought another one, but the cost was much greater.
- I don't think it matters much what you study.
- Thank you very much!
- Much attention has been given to the question of where the money should go.
- He's very much the Englishman.
Much can modify verbs, but only in passive voice:
- It was much improved after five days.
- The teacher was much criticized by the students.
- This type was much used before World War II.