Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) An emergency is a serious situation that needs to be dealt with very quickly.
- She called 911 to report the emergency to police.
- With the new fighting, the president has declared a state of emergency.
- He was rushed to the emergency room where doctors operated to save his life.
- Some airlines failed to show pilots how to operate emergency exits.
- In an emergency, please close your doors and windows and stay calm.
- (uncountable) Emergency is the department in a hospital that takes people with immediate medial needs.