Jump to navigation Jump to search
- turn is part of the Basic English 850.
- (UK) IPA (key): /tɜːn/, SAMPA: /t3:n/
- (US) enPR: tûrn, IPA (key): /tɝn/, SAMPA: /t3`n/
Audio (US) (file)
- (transitive & intransitive) To face a different direction
- The car turned the corner and went north.
- Walk down the street and turn left at the lights.
- The dancers turned round and around.
- (linking) If something turns a certain way, it becomes that way.
- The sky turned dark and cloudy.
- The game turned into a fight.