Jump to navigation Jump to search
- step is part of the Basic English 850.
- When you step, you move one foot.
- When you walk, you step many times.
- If you step on the ant, it will be dead.
- (countable) A step is a movement of the foot
- Take one step forward to win the game.
- He took three steps toward home plate and was ruled out.
- (countable) A step is one of several actions or processes taken to achieve a goal.
- Heating the oven is one step needed to bake bread.
- (countable) A step is a surface used to walk upwards. Most often there are several steps, one above the other.
- One must walk up the steps to get to the top of the building.