Jump to navigation Jump to search
Third person singular
- To go quickly, with both feet off the ground at one time.
- Synonym: hurry
- I must run.
- I like to run in the afternoon.
- To function (said of a machine).
- The car runs well.
- To flee.
- He ran from the cops.
- (transitive) If you run a place, you manage it.
- The past participle of run..
- He had run all the way from Dallas.
- A trip made by a runner; compare to walk.
- I’m going for a run.
- (baseball) A run in baseball is when a batter safely touches home plate.
- (cricket) A run in cricket is scored when the batsmen run between the two wickets.
- (theatre) An unbroken course of performances or showings.
- The musical had a long run on Broadway.