Jump to navigation Jump to search
- start is part of the Basic English 850.
- The beginning of something in place or time.
- We went back to the start.
- A movement in reaction to surprise.
- Synonym: jump
- I surprised him and he gave a start.
- A surprise, often not pleasant.
- She gave him quite a start.
- To begin; to do something for the first time.
- They started the race in first place.
- To make a machine begin to work.
- I will start the car.
- To move in surprise.
- Synonym: flinch
- When I touched his arm, he started.