Jump to navigation Jump to search
- change is part of the Basic English 850.
- If you change something, you make it different than before.
- Ellen changed the sentence so that it was correct.
- (countable) A change is when something becomes different.
- The building plan required some small changes.
- (uncountable); (money) When you get change for a bill, you get smaller bills or coins that equal the amount of the original bill. For example, if you get change for a $5 bill, you may get five $1 bills or you may get four $1 bills and coins that add up to $1 or you may get some other combination of bills and coins.
- Can I get change for this $100 bill please?
- (countable) A change is a replacement.
- I brought a change of clothes, just in case.