Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable & uncountable) Movement is the act of moving, of changing place or position.
- The European Union allows free movement of people between countries.
- We have seen large movements of men and equipment in North Korea near the southern border.
- It was so small that no movement was possible.
- (countable) A movement, is a group of people who are all working for the same idea.
- The labour movement protects the rights of the workers.
- A movement is a part in a musical composition such as a sonata or symphony.
- The first movement of the "Moonlight" Sonata is very famous.