Jump to navigation Jump to search
- position is part of the Basic English 850.
- (countable) The position of something is the place where the thing is.
- The position of the table is two metres from the wall.
- You're in my way. Please move to a different position.
- A post of employment; a job.
- (transitive) If you position something somewhere, you put or move it there.
- The players positioned themselves on the field.
- (transitive) If you position something in a situation, you make changes so that it can work in that situation.
- The company is now well positioned to take advantage of popularity of online music.