- A judge is a person who decides or chooses.
- Synonyms: justice, justice of the peace, moderator, arbitrator, adjudicator, referee, umpire, critic, reviewer and evaluator
- The judge decides cases.
- (Biblical) A judge is a leader.
- Synonym: leader
- Samson was a judge of Israel.
- To choose, decide.
- Synonyms: choose, select, decide, rule, conclude, determine, arbitrate, adjudicate, mediate, referee and umpire
- He judged in favor of the defendant.
- To evaluate (decide if something is good or bad).
- They judged the beauty pageant.
- To estimate.
- I would judge that the lake holds a million gallons.