Jump to navigation Jump to search
- If you are innocent you do not know evil.
- How could he hurt an innocent child?!?
- I was innocent once, but I've seen too many bad things since then.
- If you are innocent of a crime you did not do that crime.
- I swore to the police that I was innocent.
- (of a crime) not guilty
- Even though innocent is similar to amoral in not knowing good from bad, amoral is usually a bad thing and innocent a good thing. Often, innocent means doing good because you have never thought of evil; an amoral person might do good or bad.
- In a court of law, innocent was used to mean "not guilty" but not usually now. Now it is correct to say "not guilty" in court (instead of "innocent").
- Someone who is innocent. That is, someone who lacks evil or the knowledge of evil.
- He was a total innocent.
- If something bad happens to an innocent it means that the person did not deserve it.
- If you don't help save them, the blood of the innocents will be on your hand. (meaning, "...it will be your fault innocents have been hurt or killed.")