Jump to navigation Jump to search
- join is part of the Basic English 850.
- (transitive) If someone joins two or more things, they bring them together.
- Their lives were joined.
- They joined hands.
- (transitive & intransitive) If someone joins someone else, they do something together.
- I will join you on your walk.
- Hey, James! Come and join in. We're having fun.
- (transitive) If someone joins a club, school, etc. they become a member.
- Would you like to join our club?
- (transitive) If someone joins two or more things, they make a connection between them.
- The new building is joined to the school by a short hallway.