- A case is a container to hold something.
- He opened the case and pulled out his violin.
- (law) A case is a matter for police or in court.
- The judge did not accept his case.
- (grammar) A case is the form of a noun showing how it is used in a sentence.
- The word "he" is in subject or nominativecase.
- A case is a person of a certain kind.
- That man is sure a hard case.
- If a police officer cases a house, he or she watches it until something happens.
- We were casing a house all night in Brooklyn.