Jump to content
- (countable) A critic is someone whose job is to judge and report about the quality of something such as books, movies, wine, restaurants, etc.
- Every critic in New York was at the theatre for the opening.
- Washington Post film critic Hal Hinson has been writing about movies for over 20 years.
- (countable) A critic is someone who talks or writes about the problems with something.
- He is one of the most outspoken critics against the practice.
- Many critics argue that schools fail to teach children how to read.