Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Hyphenation: es‧ti‧mate
- (countable) An estimate is a judgement of a size, value, amount, cost, etc., which is based on incomplete information.
- British Telecom will give you an estimate of the cost before doing any work.
- (transitive & intransitive) If you estimate the number, size, value, amount, cost, etc. of something, you guess based on incomplete information.
- Synonyms: guess and prediction
- Antonym: calculate
- It's difficult to estimate how long it will take to get to London because we don't know how bad the traffic will be.