- For the rules of Simple English Wiktionary, see Wiktionary:Rules.
- rule is part of the Basic English 850.
Audio (US) (file)
- A rule is a statement that tells whether something is right or wrong.
- Peter picked up the football, which was against the rules, so the other team got a throw-in.
- A king's rule is the time he controls the country.
- Synonym: reign
- The next king had a very short rule: only two years.
- A rule is another name for a ruler, a measuring device.
- Synonym: ruler
- When someone rules, he or she is in charge, like a king or queen.
- Antonym: serve
- The king ruled for 33 years.