- A device that liquids come out of.
- A repeated touching of one's hands, foot or other body part.
- When Steve felt a tap on his shoulder, he turned around.
- A connection made to an electrical or fluid conductor without breaking it.
- The system was barely keeping pressure due to all of the ill advised taps along its length.
- (mechanical) A tool used to cut an internal screw thread. (External screw threads are cut with a die.)
- We drilled a hole and then cut the threads with the proper tap to match the valve's thread.
- To access a resource or object.
- To touch someone or something lightly with your finger, hand, or foot, sometimes repeatedly.
- I tap my fingers on the table when I get bored.
- She was tapping her leg because she was nervous.
- He tapped me on my shoulder to let me know it was time to go.
- To place a listening or recording device on a telephone connection.
- They can't tap the phone without a warrant.
- (mechanical) To cut an internal screw thread.
- Tap an M3 thread all the way through the hole.