Jump to navigation Jump to search
- record is part of the Basic English 850.
- (UK) IPA: /rɨˈkɔːd/
- (US) enPR: rĭ-kôrdʹ or rē-kôrdʹ, IPA: /rɪˈkɔrd/ or /riˈkɔrd/
Audio (US), verb (file)
- Hyphenation: re‧cord
- A record is something in writing to tell what happened.
- Keep a record of the date and what you said every time you talk to that person.
- A record is a big round black plastic thing with music or other sounds on it.
- To make a written record about something.
- She recorded everything she did in a little book.
- To put music or other sounds onto a machine.
- The singer recorded some songs on CDs to sell them.