Internal is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
Audio (US) (file)
- (usually before the noun) within or inside
- Doctors had to operate to stop the internal bleeding.
- Grammar is mostly concerned with the internal structure of words and sentences.
- The company has been weakened by ongoing internal conflict.
- The police are conducting an internal investigation after officers shot two people.
- They've painted the internal walls but left the outside as it was.