Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (verb) IPA (key): /rɪˈpiːt/
- (noun) IPA (key): /rɪˈpiːt/ or /ˈriːpiːt/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file) Audio (file)
- (transitive) If you repeat something, you do it again.
- I don't want to have to repeat typing this.
- If you fail the class you will have to repeat it.
- That song is not good because it just repeats the same words.
- (intransitive) If something repeats or is repeated it is done more than once, or there is more than one of it.
- The flashing light just keeps repeating.
- The war was very bad, I hope history doesn't repeat with another like it.
- The words "No show hello" repeat through the whole song.
- (transitive) If you repeat yourself, you say something you just said again.
- I already told you what to do, don't make me repeat myself.
- (countable); An instruction to repeat something. Usually this is used for music in part of a song. Sometimes it may be used for other things like part of a computer program.
- (informal) Something this has been repeated; that is a repetition.