Device is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: de‧vice
- (countable) A device is a small machine or tool.
- She has a device in her kitchen for cutting garlic.
- (countable) A device is a machine or part attached to a computer, such as a keyboard, mouse, printer etc.
- The mouse is an important device for using the computer.
- (countable) A device is a clever way of doing something.
- (countable) A device is a logo.