Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (intransitive) If a person or animal dies, it stops living.
- My father died last year in a car crash, I really miss him.
- The song is about her brother who died young at the age of ten.
- Many more people die of heart attacks than from violence.
- She died from being sick.
- (intransitive) If something dies, it stops existing.
- The idea died once the money was all gone.
- Rock and roll will never die.
- (intransitive) If a machine dies, it stops working.
- The car died suddenly on the highway.
- My computer died on me over the weekend.
- (intransitive) If you're dying for something, you want it very much.
- I'm dying for a chance to meet him.
- (countable) A die is a piece of metal or other hard material used to shape, cut, or mold a product.
- (countable) A die is a cube, each side of which is marked with a different number of spots from 1 to 6.