Jump to navigation Jump to search
- power is part of the Basic English 850.
- (uncountable) Strength, energy, force, control. A quality that can make things happen.
- His muscles have a lot of power.
- The prime minister has power over the country.
- Fight the power! (Meaning, "Fight authority!")
- (uncountable) Energy or electricity.
- The city had no lights that night because there was no power.
- (uncountable); (physics) Power is how fast something uses energy. That is, how much work it does in a certain time.
- (countable) A special ability that someone might have.
- (countable) A person or group of people with authority; that is a people who control things.
- (transitive) To provide power for or give power to (a mechanical or electronic device).
- This CD player is powered by batteries.