Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) A hero is a person who is very brave and does great things. The hero may be real or not real, and often defeats dangerous enemies of the people.
- The hero Hercules was said to have killed the nine head snake called "hydra."
- I'm sorry your son died in battle, but he died a hero.
- (countable) Your hero is a person you greatly admire. This may also be someone you want to be similar to.
- Leonardo DaVinci used to be my hero.
- (countable) Your hero is someone who saves or defends you.
- "Oh, my hero!" she said to her rescuer.
- (countable) A hero is the main character in a story or film (movie).
- A female hero is a heroine.
- (countable), (informal) Short for hero sandwich.
- (countable) A good person with special powers; a superhero.