Jump to content
- (UK) IPA (key): /strɛŋkθ/
- (US) IPA (key): [st̠͡rɛŋkθ] or /strɛŋθ/ or [st̠͡rɛn̪θ]
- (uncountable) If you have strength, you are strong.
- If you have strength your muscles are very powerful.
- I don't have the strength to lift something that heavy.
- Strength can also mean you are strong or tough is some other way, such as a strong mind or strong will.
- She needed great strength to deal with her sickness and poverty.
- (countable) A strength is a good quality.
- The plan had may strengths, such as not needing many people and being easy to do.
- (countable) Strength as in the number of something.
- The strength of the regiment was 3,000 soldiers.