- A match is a game of football, tennis, etc.
- We lost the first match, but hope to win our next two.
- A match is something that goes with something else because they are similar.
- I can't find a match for this sock.
- There are a number of matches for your search words.
- A match is a small stick that has a chemical on one end of it. You use it to make a fire.
- He lit a match for some light in the dark room.
- A match is a situation in which two things go together well.
- (transitive & intransitive) If two things match, they go together because they are similar in some way.
- Look around for a table you like or one which most closely matches your room.
- I'll ask you some questions to see how you match up to the job.
- The wish for changes has not been matched by actions.
- Her intelligence was matched by her kindness.
- Your two socks don't match.
- (transitive); (usually passive) If you are matched against someone, you are their opponent in a competition.